Real Estate Tip of the Week: SEO Tips for Your Blog
Let’s face it – your clients are using the internet to research homes before they come to you for additional help. With the internet at your fingertips, it’s easy to do a quick Google search and find information you’re needing.
This is where you come in: having a reliable website that is easy to use and has a simple layout is key! Future leads and consumers want quick access to the information they’re searching for.
So if you’re wanting your website and blog to be the first thing audiences see when they Google for information on real estate, you’re going to need to use SEO.
SEO is all about search engine algorithms, and Google is constantly changing them to block bots from achieving rankings. Because of how frequently these are changing, it’s good to stay up-to-date, so your website doesn’t get penalized for sticking with the old rules. You can find Google’s Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide here.
Here are some quick Do’s and Don’ts within the SEO world:
- Research which keywords are more popular than others in your market
- Think of secondary keywords that aren’t as popular but are still relative to your brand
- Link to related businesses and services that relate to your market. Write about the best restaurants in your area, and link to a highly trafficked blog that discusses fun places to eat in the neighborhood
- Write your keyword multiple times where it doesn’t make sense (known as keyword stuffing). This will not gain your site favor in Google’s standards – Google and consumers alike are looking for websites that are useful to readers
- Link to suspect content or unnatural links anywhere on your site. Don’t buy or sell links – as this will receive a harsh penalty from Google. Never include a link directory on your site, as your page can be completely removed from Google’s search results